Crystals and Gemstones in Healing
Quartz Crystals’ Specific Formations
How to Cleanse, Charge and Tune your Crystals and Gems
List of Gemstones and Minerals and their Healing Properties
Crystals and Gemstones in Healing
Crystals and Gemstones have been used for thousands of years by several cultures and people for healing or for energy work. The quartz crystal is well known for its strong aura and magnetic field that seems to align with the magnetic fields of the Earth.If you hold a crystal in your hand you will feel a certain vibration that comes from the electricity produced by this stone . It vibrates in a certain frequency and the precision of this oscillating energy has made possible the advent of telecommunications, satelite, radio and television. Each crystal has its own energy and it energizes its surrondings and the people around it. Crystals also emit negative ions which may bring harmonious and peaceful feelings. As personal tools, crystals are used for transformation of energy, it absorbs negative vibrations and can be used to amplify, store and transmit your thoughts. Quartz crystals are very powerful and help us focus our positive energy, the best in us. It also contributes for a balanced expression of our emotions,thoughts, and desires.
Quartz Crystals are now used in many electronic devices. They are the central components in many clocks, watches, computers , etc. The reason why they are so useful for these purposes is that when they are stimulated with electricity, their oscillations are regular and precise . Conversely when quartz crystals are subjected to mechanical pressure they produce a mesurable electrical voltage.
All crystalline structures are formed of mathematically precise and orderly lattice arrays of atoms. In addition to the variety of grid-like lattice structures some researchers feel that there are also spiral arrangements interwoven into the crystal structure. The crystal represents the lowest state os entropy possible because they have the most orderly structure in nature.
According to crystal researcher Marcel Vogel, a senior scientist with IBM for 27 years, the crystal is a neutral object whose inner structure exhibits a state of perfection and balance. When it’s cut to the proper form and when the human mind enters into relationship with its structural perfection , the crystal emits a vibration which extends and amplifies the powers of the user’s mind. Like a laser, it radiates energy in a coherent , highly concentrated form, and this energy may be transmitted into objects or people at will. ( Vibrational Medicine , Richard Gerber, M.D. ).
- possess great clarity
- used for natural healing
- positive influence for those who are somewhat confused, with their overall view of life clouded by emotion
- release emotions
- used with meditation, powerful stimulus for the chakra system, enabling one to attain the desired goal
- restores low energy levels
- cloudy formations closely allied to the energies of the Moon
- energy will flow in accordance with the phases of the Moon. Highest when the Moon is full
- activates latent mediumistic potential
- activates the chakra centers which relate to intuition and clairvoyance
- a feminine crystal will help to reduce the tensions caused by overload of mental activity
> Quartz clusters
- many are a combination of masculine and feminine crystals
- powerful generators of electromagnetic energy
- strengthen the electric field of anyone who happens to be in their proximity
> Window Crystals
- variation of quartz . Crystals usually have the six-sided crystal shape and many may be double terminated,the window crystal has an additional flat plane, usually diamond-shaped, that gives a view of the inside of the crystal
- teaches us about the importance of looking within ourselves, even if the view into our own soul is not so perfect
> Phantom quartz
- at one point finished their growth cycle, then with the dust of the millenia upon them, for some reason began growing again. When looking into these crystals, you may see some marks or a striation that indicates where the original tip was. Sometimes these inclusions look like pyramids
- very powerful for personal growth
- it may be seen as a metafore of our place in a sequence of many lives
- good for working with past lives
- phantom quartz are very good tools for overcoming traumas and phobias that stops us from achieving our best
Cleansing , Charging and Tuning your Crystals and Gems:
Gemstones and crystals are capable of absorbing and conveying energy, that’s why it’s important to cleanse, re-charge and program your stones so that they may achieve their best potential.
The purification and charging:
The purification process will bring your crystal to a neutral state so that the negativity acummulated will be cleared. Use your intuition and let it guide you.
The intention in your mind is very important and keep it strong in the thought that you are cleansing the crystal or gem from all inapproriate energies.
The purification of a crystal or gemstone is a spiritual ritual. Follow the steps below in order to keep your crystals at their best capacity and vibrations:
1. Cleanse your crystal holding them under running water for a few minutes ( tap or stream ). While you visualize a beautiful waterfall or imagine the sea waves breaking upon your crystal on a beach. Scrub a little sea salt on the stone and let the running water run on top of it for a few seconds.
2. Re-energize your crystal in the sun light and moon light ( preferably the full moon )for one of the following periods of time: 24 hours, 3 days or 7 days;
3. Repeat the process when you feel the stone needs re-charging ( a few months later maybe ).
Do not use this process on any metal jewelry . The salt will corrode the metal. For metal jewelry you can use one of the following cleansing processes:
1. Burn some sage and make the smoke go through the pieces.
2. Leave the piece on a big piece of amethyst for 24 hours.
To program the crystal:
Programming your crystal is a ritual that will help your mind be in tune with the crystal’s vibrations and vice-versa.
– Decide what purpose your crystal should have : meditation, intellectual focus and development, healing, etc…
– Hold your crystal with your right hand and imagine a bright white light coming through the top of your head , down your body and through your arm until it reaches the crystal and fills it with it shiny aura.
– Say to yourself: “I have this crystal empower me for …..( describe the purpose you chose for the crystal)”.
It’s recommended that you program different crystals for distinct purposes.
January : Garnet , Rose Quartz
February : Amethyst ,Onyx
March : Aquamarine ,Tourmaline, Blood jasper
April : Zircon , Crystal Quartz , Sapphire, Diamond
May : Emerald ,Chrysoprase
June : Pearl , Moonstone
July : Ruby , Carnelian
August : Peridot , Onyx
September : Sapphire , Chrysolite
October : Opal , Pink Tourmaline
November : Topaz , Citrine , Smoky Quartz, tiger’s eye
December : Turquoise, Zircon
Gemstones and Minerals Healing Properties
Brings stability, strength, balance, courage, eloquence and a clear mind. Increases self-esteem, calms the body and mind.
- Blue-lace Agate: Works in connection with angelic energy.
- Botswana Agate: Opaque grayish pink with whitish circles, ovals. Stimulates attention and alertness. Helps against toxins.
- Dendrite Agate: Called landscape agate. Helps maintain the center in situations. Moves energy from the outer bodies into the physical level in the head-to-feet direction.
- Moss Agate: Works against depression, brings mental and emotional balance.
- A powerful protector that stimulates the body to heal itself. Brings stability to life, strengthens the intellect, clears depression, and promotes a positive mental state.
- Helps psychic development, astral projection, working with spirit guides, meditation. Stabilizes the balance between spirituality and daily life.
- Spirituality, transformation, protection, cleansing, promotes happiness and spiritual awareness, excellent for meditation, helps with sleep and absorbs negativity. In old times the Greek believed this stone helped against drinking and toxins.
- Increases creative expression. Brings power, prosperity, balance and expression. Stone of the communicators and artists. Combines information received with intuition.
- Excellent for absorbing negative energy. Relieves depression and anxiety about the future. Creates a harmonious emotional state.
- Unconditional love and acceptance of others. Recommended for relationships with difficult people. Stimulates the development of clairvoyance and perception of other dimensions.
- Creates a connection between the physical and the spiritual realms. Stimulates intuition. An effective stress reducer, releasing mental blockages and negative thought patterns.
- Represents the expression of interior truths through the power of the spoken word. Helps self-expression and increases psychic power. The “courage stone” helps against fears, phobias and stress. Helps to establish happy marriages. Good for the respiratory system.
- A grounding stone, useful in times of stress. Teaches patience and acceptance and alleviates oversensitivity.
- Brings luck with money matters. Increases creativity and originality. Helps against stress and brings a feeling of well being. Energy stimulates muscle tissue and blood.
- Cleans the mind and soul. Reinforces concentration, mental co-ordination and memory. Shifts subconscious thoughts to the conscious mind. Good for decision making.
- An excellent blood cleanser and a powerful healer. Heightens intuition and increases creativity. Calms the mind and improves decision-making.
- Removes stress, brings inner peace and protects against depressive moods.
- The art of being, self-knowledge in all aspects and dimensions. Links us to parallel realities.
- Action and movement, personal power, concentration, courage, self-confidence and determination. Focus on the present moment.
- Connection with angelic energy and inspiration. Helps in the fluent channeling of messages and energy received. Good for recalling dreams.
- Helps you to live in the present moment. Encourages harmony. Useful for dispersing toxins.
- Symbol of beauty, love and harmony. Supports letting go, surrendering pain and worry to universal love. Helps release grief, sadness and fear from the emotional body and aids the entrance of joy, certainty and peace.
- Self-acceptance and acceptance of others. Transformation of the negative ego, reducing superiority or inferiority complexes. Stimulates sexuality and procreation.
- Symbolizes the light of the rising sun and should be used at the start of a cycle, project or phase. Energy for prosperity and inner security. The most recommended stone regarding world subjects: business, interpersonal relationship or family questions. One of the merchants’ stones in ancient times, it was believed to help accumulate and maintain wealth if kept in the safe or purse.
- Represents abundance, balance, intelligence, rebirth and maturity. Helps revitalize the body. It is said to help foretell the future and strengthen one’s memory.
- Helps prevent mental confusion and makes it easier to develop awareness. Good for retrieving information. Increases intuition and interdimentional communication.
- Energy and courage to abandon harmful or unwanted mental patterns. Creativity and rejuvenation energy. Faith, constancy and truth.It was once believed to give it wearer guidance in the night, allowing seeing where others could not. Works as auxiliary for blood and hormone dysfunctions.
- Brings self-confidence and promotes total anchoring of energies on Earth, eliminating mind limitations. Helps dissolve negativity. Its energy is said to revigorate the blood.
- Enhances creativity. Stimulates psychic abilities and promotes dream recall and understanding. Protects against radioactivity and relieves insomnia caused by stress or electromagnetic pollution.
Iolite (water sapphire)
- Opens, heightens and expands psychic abilities. Guides one through spiritual beginnings and growth.
- The “Jewel of Heaven” has been treasured for thousands of years for its beauty and durability. It’s said to help concentration and development of psychic potential. Helps achieve a high mysticism level and to discover obscure aspects of the personality.
- Green : Intuition, calm, sensitivity, Promotes understanding. Good for disturbed homes.
Red : Vitality, sexual power, protection.
Brown : Earth energy, stability, balance, its said to work against toxins .
- An extremely spiritual stone with a high vibration. Connects you to universal love. Aids in meditation and enhances creativity. Encourages humility and dispels negativity.
- Used in meditation to make it easier the contact with spiritual guides. The bridge that unites the illuminated body to the physical body through the mind.
- A highly mystical and protective stone that raises consciousness. Balances intellectual thought with intuitive wisdom.
- Calms the mind, developing intuition, meditation and wisdom. Help increase mental ability, concentration, memory and sight. Attracts the mind for the inner self to search for your own source of power. It’s the stone of contemplation and meditation. In ancient Egypt it was ground and put in the eyes of pharaohs after death so that they could see the doors of entrance for the next life.
- Clears electromagnetic pollution. Can be placed on computers to absorb their emanations. Reduces stress and depression. Encourages independence and achieving goals.
- Absorbs energy. When placed on any painful area it helps extract the pain energy and bring to surface the psycho-emotional causes. Curing energy. Helps the recognition and use of individual power.
- Increases intuition. Connection with the energy from the moon and the feminine aspect of the emotional nature. Helps calm and balance emotion keeping it under control. Energy helps against anxiety and stress. Helps men to attract the feminine element as well as provides seduction power.
- Helps bring self-understanding. Clairvoyance and contact with spiritual world. Acceptance of our sexuality. Repels negative thoughts.
- Snowflake obsidian: Helps you to recognize and release stressful mental patterns. Provides balance for body, mind, and spirit.
- Control over emotions and passions. Protection. Stimulates decision making. Aids psychic contact with those who have died and aids past-life and between-lives regression work.
- Works the energy of flow and movement. Promotes feelings of benevolence and friendship. It’s the gem of God, Love, faith and creativity. Blends feminine and masculine polarities of the conscious.
- Personal freedom, calm, expression of past lives. Reduces depression, stress, rage and jealousy. Cures grudges, hurt egos and help repair deteriorated relationships. Powerful amulet against evil.
- Security. Balances the energetic level . Helps eliminate worries about meaningless matters. Provides strength.
Prasiolite (Green Amethyst)
- Reminds us to love and bless others; Brings spiritual ideals into everyday expression; Creates a connection with nature.
- Clear Quartz: Symbol of balance and purity, helps meditation. Has a very strong and shiny aura recommended for harmonization of places. It’s the stone of wisdom, clairvoyance and spirituality. Aids emotional stability, speeds healing and bring goodness on every level.
- Angel Aura Quartz: Uplifts mood, releases stress and expands awareness.
- Aqua Aura Quartz: Calms and relaxes. Enhances communication. Helps you to connect with spiritual realms.
- Blue Quartz : Patience, tolerance and compassion. Good for relationships and self-expression. Brings spontaneity.
- Green Quartz: Stimulates good health, security, discipline and stability. Stimulates creativity.
- Rose Quartz: The stone of unconditional love. Represents the capacity of giving and receiving love. Irradiates energy that substitutes sorrow, fears and resentment. Increases self-esteem and is recommended to attract love. It’s a good stone for children.
- Ruby Aura Quartz: Stimulates spiritual consciousness and the wisdom of the heart. Protects against aggression and violence.
- Rutilated Quartz: Strong conductor and generator of energy. Mental, emotional and physical stability. Very powerful against depression, good for inspiration and clairvoyance. Great curing power.
- Smoky Quartz: Protects against negative energies. Teaches that there is light in the dark. Provides security when there is fear of failure. Provides courage and self-acceptance in the learning process. Good against depression and negative emotions. Eliminates subconscious blocking. Excellent for meditation.
- Stimulates love towards life and towards others. Influences creative processes and intuition. Brings emotional balance to love relationships. Creates feelings of peace and human warmth.
- Represents the relationship of oneself with its own body in order to listen to it and love it despite its limitations. Calm security in any activity. Reduces anxiety and increases coherence.
- Helps decision making and family matters. Provides self-confidence, negotiation ability and self-esteem. Good energy for the blood flow and the heart.
- Truth, sincerity and constancy. Eliminates negative thoughts and influences. Stimulates thoughts of beauty, peace and promotes inspiration and a positive attitude towards life.
- Instills deep peace and is excellent for meditation or spiritual work. Assists judgment and insight.
- Aids meditation and spiritual exploration. Corrects mental and emotional imbalances.
- Stimulates courage and creative expression. Helps people to be more objective and less critical about the ways to deal with existence. Develops the third eye. Teaches one to examine goals after they are achieved. Alleviates internal conflicts between the conscious and the unconscious.
- Opens intuition and aids spiritual journeying.
- Activates the inner sun and allows a free flow of energy. Can be used to eliminate fears, stress, increase vitality, independence and originality.
- Help people become more practical. Bring optimism that conducts to success. Balances energy yin and yang. Protects against negativity, reflecting it back to origin.Aids in the ability to discern evil.
- Magnetic energy. Provides strength and intelligence. Stimulates mental clarity and wisdom. Helps against mental exhaustion and traumas.
- Blue: Works in the cell level, generating and conveying energy.
Green: Curing energy, balance energy levels, calms the mind, nerves and helps confidence.
Rose: Attracts love and friendship, happiness and enthusiasm for life. Activates creativity and fertility.
Black: Repels negative energy. Has electrical properties as all tourmalines and works in the defense against debilitating diseases like heart condition, arthritis and weak immunological system. Teaches how to keep radiating in the most obscure situations. Great curing power.
- Relationship, self-knowledge. Improves meditation, circulation and spirit condition. Its color is said to change when the user has a health problem. It’s also said to act directly in the skin cells, softening and rejuvenating them. Sacred for the Tibetan Buddhists for whom it symbolizes the sea (depth of the soul) and the sky (unlimited ascension).
- Best known for its ability to magnify anything placed under it. Brings things into focus on the inner and spiritual levels; beneficial for meditation and relaxation.
- Balances emotions with spirituality. Provides grounding after meditation or psychic work. Can negate the effects of electromagnetic pollution from television sets if placed on top or close by.
Crystal energy is not intended to be a substitute for any medical, hospital or psychiatric treatment.